Gilba Solutions Pty Ltd –
Independent sports turf consultants
FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US WITH QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS
As independent sports turf consultants we carry out sports turf assessments using the latest GPS technology to produce the best possible sports turf surfaces.
TURF PIGMENTS AND COLORANTS
Vertmax® and Vertmax Duo® are the premium turf pigments and colourants on the Australian market. These give an immediate natural green colouration.
WATER AND SOIL TESTING
We offer independent soil and water testing.
GRASS SEED SELECTION
As sports turf consultants we access the latest plant genetics out of Europe and the USA. We deal with many of the world’s best turf seed producers.
Good air movement results in good turf health. If you do not have this, then turf will struggle and decline in quality. Turf fans guarantee good air movement all the year round no matter where they are in use.
SOIL WETTING AGENTS
Soil surfactant technology is always improving and our range has been independently trialled at some of the world’s foremost Universities.
OMNE TURF SENSOR BOXES
Omne Turf sensors offer an all-in-one micro weather station and monitoring system. Weighing only 400g, they carry up to 60 different sensor configurations. Realtime monitoring of your climate, light levels, soil and water.
Nutrition is the key to healthy turfgrass.
We supply a large range of turf chemicals for all your needs as turf managers.
Our work as independent sports turf consultants.
In 2013 Jerry Spencer established Gilba Solutions as Sydney-based independent sports turf consultants. With an Hons Degree in Soil Science, he has over 30 years experience as an independent sports turf consultant in the UK and in Australia. He is well versed in all aspects of professional turf grass management in both cool and warm season turf.
Gilba Solutions now provides independent sportsturf consulting services in Australia. We service golf clubs, sports facilities, sports grounds, turf producers, turf managers, Local Government Authorities, Universities, maintenance companies, turf producers and community sports clubs. We provide sportsturf solutions for all aspects of professional turf grass maintenance to produce the best possible sports turf surface.
Since then we have grown to become wholesalers of agricultural products and also suppliers of professional sports turf products. Our product range includes soil wetting agents, turf fertilisers, grass seed, turf pigments and turf chemicals and pest control products.
New product innovations include:
- Cortex Duo knockdown and residual total herbicide – THE glyphosate alternative;
- Recondo herbicide a Monument herbicide alternative;
- Duke herbicide a Destiny herbicide alternative;
- Lexicon Intrinsic an innovative turfgrass fungicide with plant health benefits;
- Segway pythium fungicide which is widely regarded as the best management tool for pythium disease;
- ProForce Pistol Fungicide and
- ProForce Scarlet Trio for the control of seven turfgrass pests including ground pearl.
Our philosophy as independent sports turf consultants
Our belief is that as sports turf consultants and turf agronomists we need to give our clients the information they need to allow them to make the best possible decisions. We are truly independent turf consultants and have no affiliations with any other companies. As part of this philosophy we have a regular free turf blog and have an ongoing R and D program.
Turf blog topics
Turf blog topics
- Salicylic acid for plants
- Research into the use of green grass paint and turf pigments on golf greens
- What do indicator weeds tell us about the soil?
- Soil wetting agent research 2022/2023
- Factors that can affect turf herbicide performance
- Mediterranean vs Continental turf type ryegrass
- Identifying and managing Ground Pearl;
- Identifying and managing Pythium;
- Lawn fungicides;
- Fungicide resistance;
- A free herbicide resistance chart
- Spray adjuvants for sports turf;
- New granular pre emergent herbicides;
- Sulfonylurea herbicides;
- Flood management for turfgrass;
- Overseeding and successfully transitioning warm season turf;
- Research into the best soil wetting agent on the market;
- The science of soil aeration;
- Reasons for pre-emergent failure;
- Turf combination fungicides.
- Generic vs branded Turfgrass chemicals;
- How to control nutgrass;
- How to choose the best fertiliser;
- How to manage turf in shade;
- Turfgrass disease identification;
- The use of biostimulants in turfgrass;
- A Weed identification chart;
- How to use pre emergent herbicides;
- How to control winter grass;
- How turf pigments work;
- Using turf fungicides preventatively;
- How to effectively use light;
For more information about our professional sports turf consulting services and how we can help provide sports turf solutions to your site feel free to please contact us. For more information on how we may be able to help you please check our Company profile and Turf agronomist sections.
As Sydney based sports turf consultants we are proud to support the “The Guide to Australian turf pesticides” which is the definitive reference for registered Australian turfgrass chemicals.
- In 2019 made the Australian agent for SeeGrow turf grow lights and turf fans.
- In 2020 accepted onto the NSW Local Government Procurement Panel (LGP) the tender body for Local Government Authorities in NSW.
- In 2021 appointed to the ACT Government Authority seed panel
- In 2023 big news is coming!