Omne Turf wi-fi sensing boxes allow turf managers to always know the condition of greens, fairways, or playing surfaces. For instance as a result of sensors constantly delivering real-time measurements, this data can be used to make informed management decisions, or even predictive disease and growing degree day modelling.
For example, US work has shown that using soil moisture sensors resulted in 13 to 24% less water being applied.
Omne Turf wi-fi sensing boxes are small, weigh 400g and have up to 60 different sensor configurations. So to summarize if soil, water, or climate monitoring is important to you this economical solution is for you. There are three models available.
- Omne Turf:
- Soil temperature, non-contact surface temperature, air temperature, humidity and pressure, solar radiation soil moisture, electric conductivity, pH. In addition nutrients such as Mg, P, OM, Ca, base saturation Mg, base saturation K, base saturation Ca, CEC, K/Mg, and Ca/Mg ratios ;
- Wind speed and direction, rainfall, humidity, pressure, temperature, solar radiation (PAR and UV), soil moisture, soil temperature, pH, and electric conductivity;
- pH, electric conductivity, oxidation-reduction potential, turbidity, dissolved oxygen, water temperature, turbidity, coliform counts and nutrients such as sodium, chloride, calcium and nitrate.
The Omne-Turf wi-fi sensing system:
- You get 24 x 7 readings and each sensor box takes up to 6 sensor probes;
- Reduces fertilizer and fungicide use by more than 20%, and improves growing productivity by 15%
- Measures soil, water, and climatic conditions in real-time so simply log into the website and use your existing browser as no app is needed;
- Available in both GPS or wi-fi enabled options and the wi-fi option having a range of up to 70km.
- In comparison to industry competitors has very low setup costs so it’s simply a case of choosing your sensors and “plug and play”;
- Adding or changing a sensor is simple and only takes a matter of seconds;
- With no cabling there is a reduced chance of damage so they can be moved to monitor “hot spots”;
- Are solar-powered so don’t require an external power source;
- Enables real-time predictive disease and GDD modelling which results in better pesticide targeting and consequently saving you money;
- With a small unobtrusive footprint it means these can for instance be anywhere and so are less likely to suffer from vandalism;
- Waterproof and UV resistant casing;
- Comes with a 3-year hardware warranty and finally
- Can be integrated with an existing wifi network.