Duke is a selective turf herbicide that controls grass and broadleaf weeds. It is a Destiny herbicide alternative and contains iodosulfuron-methyl. Duke is a sulfonylurea herbicide and so is in FRAC Group 2. This group also contains the Monument herbicide alternative, called Recondo and Tribute herbicide. Here is the Tribute herbicide label and the Recondo herbicide label. This free herbicide resistance chart will help you with a resistance management strategy.
Duke herbicide works by inhibiting the acetolactate synthase (ALS) enzyme in susceptible plants. This is needed to produce certain amino acids. This inhibition disrupts the normal growth of weeds, leading to their death.
With excellent safety on couch and on kikuyu, this turf chemical gives great control of common turf weeds. This includes clover, bindii and ryegrass as well as superb (and unique) efficacy against onion weed and Guildford grass (onion grass).
Do NOT use on Qld Blue Couch.
When tank mixed with Tribute herbicide, iodosulfuron gives better control of turf-type perennial ryegrass and winter grass than if used by itself.
Benefits of Duke Herbicide
- Available in both a 100g and 500g pack size;
- Gives good control of many hard to kill weeds;
- It is a great option to transition ryegrass to Bermuda or couch grass;
- Has a high level of safety on couch, Kikuyu and most varieties of buffalo grass;
- Broad spectrum of activity;
- Low application rate;
- Low impact on the environment when you follow the label instructions.
- Can be mixed with Vertmax Duo turf pigment and Vertmax pigment to retain heat and give a quicker result.
Active Ingredient: 100g/kg Iodosulfuron-methyl-sodium so is a good Destiny herbicide alternative