You use turf pigments, turf paints, and colourants as a green grass spray to give an immediate natural green colour.
As turf agronomists, we believe that an important role we play with our customers is to give them the most cost-effective solutions to problems that they may have. That’s where turf pigments come into play. They offer a low-cost alternative to overseeding.
Our range of Vertmax turf pigments is made in Australia and is unique. These offer:
- A high level of UV stability. A high level of UV stability means they don’t break down quickly on the leaf;
- They contain Quick Dry Technology (QDT). QDT allows the best contact between the turf pigment and the leaf blade and avoids staining clothes. The Vertmax range of pigments are green grass colourants that green the grass, not your clothes!
- They have the highest pigment loading on the market and are the most cost-effective products on the market;
- A natural grass appearance.
We also have a range of turf colourants and marker dyes. These mix with turf chemicals like herbicides, fungicides, insecticides and fertilisers and mark areas where you have already sprayed.
Vertmax® turf pigment with QDT.
Vertmax pigment has the highest pigment load on the market and enhances the appearance of all turf surfaces. Even the lowest label rate of 800ml-1L/Ha it gives an immediate colour response. It is highly tank-compatible and mixes with all pesticides or fertilizers. Quick Dry Technology (QDT) means it is dry within 1 hour and avoids staining clothing as it doesn’t go back into solution.
Vertmax® Duo Turf Pigment with QDT.
Vertmax® Duo pigment is the same concentrated pigment plus a unique bio-stimulant package. When you use this at label rates, it has several plant health benefits. Our blog on salicylic acid for plants explains how salicylic acid can improve your turfgrass.
For example, bent and winter grass can only utilize a certain amount of light in the 400-500 μmols m2 s-1 range. Above this light intensity, turf becomes photosynthetically saturated, which occurs during the summer when light intensities are often over 2,500 μmols m2 s-1. This light saturation affects turf performance, wear tolerance, and disease resistance.
A turf pigment absorbs and transmits a given light wavelength and reflects a different one. So when you use Vertmax® pigments, they still allow PAR light transmission but at a reduced light intensity. The result is a healthier turf surface, as most UV light is absorbed or reflected.
The benefits of Vertmax® turf pigments:
- Vertmax® Duo shades turf and reduces light stress, thus reducing plant stress;
- It increases surface temperatures during cooler conditions;
- They all have a high degree of tank compatibility, which means they are an ideal tank mix partner for turf chemicals;
- Increase seed germination and growth;
- They improve turf establishment rates;
- Increase lateral root branching, and lastly
- They increase your turf quality in comparison to other pigment-containing products.
When you use Vertmax at label rates as a green grass spray it gives a more natural and long-lasting green colour response, than other turf colourants and turf dyes
Turf Colourant Transfer.
In trials to look at the temperature effects on drying times of turf paints of Vertmax vs Verdant pigment:
- After 1 hour no pigment transfer occurs at 15°C as both are dry and
- At -2°C no product transfer occurs after 1 hour.
Turf pigments and colourants are cost-effective green grass spray alternatives to overseeding. They produce an immediate green colour response during dormancy. However, they will not provide a wearable surface like an overseeded turfgrass. Turf pigments can mask light-green grass, blemishes, and dormant turfgrass, and you can use them on warm-season or cool-season turfgrass.