Recondo herbicide contains 100g/Kg of trifloxysulfuron and is a FRAC Group 2 herbicide which also contains the Destiny herbicide alternative called Duke herbicide. It is a Monument herbicide alternative and being a generic Monument herbicide it contains trifloxysulfuron. This is the same active as in Monument Liquid herbicide and Monument 75WG herbicide. This means it has all the benefits of the granular formulation but at the low use rates of the liquid.
Recondo 100WG herbicide is available in 100g and 500g pack sizes which means you can purchase this in the right size for the area that you need to treat.
Recondo Herbicide is a Monument herbicide alternative and contains the Group 2 sulfonylurea herbicide trifloxysulfuron. This group also contains Tribute herbicide and Duke herbicide. Here is the Tribute herbicide Label and the Duke herbicide label. It gives post-emergent control of a range of broadleaf and grass weeds and sedges. It also suppresses Kikuyu grass and Bahia Grass seed heads in warm season grasses.
Benefits of Recondo Herbicide
- Very good against Poa annua/wintergrass, mullumbimy couch, ryegrass, kikuyu, sedges, Medic, Bindii, Cat’s ear, Clover, milk thistle, oxalis, and several other broadleaf weeds. Check out our weed ID chart for more information.
- A good option for transitioning ryegrass out of couch.
- Being a generic Monument herbicide it is effective against sedges and nutgrass
- Recondo is in a convenient granular formulation
- No odour
- The complete couch solution for Poa annua control when you use with with Barricade or Specticle herbicide.
- Fully systemic action (xylem and phloem) with root, shoot and leaf uptake;
- Can be tank mixed with Vertmax Duo turf pigment to retain heat and give a quicker result
Application timing and variable rates of Recondo turf Herbicide
Recondo turf herbicide has long lasting activity and rarely requires repeat applications apart from on Kikuyu grass. For the suppression of Kikuyu grass, make 2 applications 21 to 28 days apart. You will get the best results from autumn applications.
- The best time for Kikuyu grass suppression is in Autumn, so aim to apply around the end of March. A repeat application should then be made around 4 weeks later at the end of April.
- To get the best results against wintergrass or ryegrass, apply when plants are actively growing. The reason for this is that the chemical needs to be taken up by leaves, shoots and roots of target weeds.
- For information on factors affecting herbicide performance.
Aim to apply to thoroughly cover the leaves and shoots when you apply Recondo. For best results wash the product off the leaves and into the soil to promote root uptake for complete systemic action.
For full usage details, please consult the product label.
Mixing and compatibility of Recondo Herbicide
Observe the mixing instructions for Recondo herbicide with regards to water pH and the addition of a non-ionic surfactant (add a non-ionic spray adjuvant at 0.25-0.42% v/v).
Active Ingredient: 100g/Kg Trifloxysulfuron sodium
Spectrum: Broad Spectrum
Mobility Type: Systemic