Echelon® Duo: fertilizer + pre-emergent herbicide + insecticide.
Echelon Duo is an Australian first in weed and insect control manufactured by Indigo Specialty. It is a combination of an NPK fertilizer coated with oxadiazon and thiamethoxam so with one application you can feed your turf whilst also giving long-term control against turf insect pests and weeds. Also as it is a granular product there is no spray drift so is safer on bees than using spray applications. Please feel free to check out our free weed ID chart.
In each granule Echelon Duo comprises:
- A 15-2-17 compound fertilizer;
- Thiamethoxam, the active ingredient in Meridian® and a proven insecticide against scarab larvae and billbug and
- Oxadiazon, the active ingredient in Oxafert® and Echelon®.
The label and MSDS are available in the turf protection section. Echelon Duo is ideal for use by councils, sports turf managers, and landscape contractors.
Save time and money.
One application of Echelon Duo® gives three treatments in one application when used at appropriate rates and saves you time and money.
- Controls African black beetle larvae, Argentinian scarab larvae and billbug;
- Gives pre-emergent control of weed grasses such as winter grass, summergrass and crowsfoot;
- Acts as a pre-emergent herbicide against the troublesome weed creeping oxalis;
- Is registered for use on couch, Queensland Blue couch, Kikuyu, buffalo grass, bahia grass and zoysia and finally
- Feeds your turf.
Tips to get the best results from Echelon Duo.
- Using a properly calibrated granular applicator aiming to apply in a uniform pattern.
- DO NOT apply when the foliage is wet.
- After application irrigate in with at least 10 mm of water.
- Reduce spray drift to non-target areas and optimize coverage by applying in calm conditions.
- Do not reseed ryegrass or bentgrass for 4-5 months (ryegrass 4 months & bentgrass 5 months).
- Avoid contact with flowers and shrubs.
- DO NOT mow treated area until the product has been watered in and turf foliage has dried.
- Avoid application when daytime temperatures are consistently above 32°C.