Echelon® Duo: fertilizer + pre-emergent herbicide + insecticide.
Indigo Echelon Duo is an Australian first in weed and insect control. It is a combination of an NPK fertilizer coated with oxadiazon and thiamethoxam. So with one application, you can feed your turf whilst also giving long-term control against turf insect pests and weeds. Also, as it is a granular product, there is no spray drift, so it is safer on bees than spray applications. Please feel free to check out our free weed ID chart and our black beetle ID guide.
Each granule of Echelon Duo contains:
- Firstly, a 15-2-17 compound fertilizer;
- Secondly, thiamethoxam is an active ingredient in Meridian® and a proven insecticide. This works against scarab larvae and billbugs and last but not least
- Oxadiazon, the active ingredient in Oxafert® and Echelon®. This is a highly effective pre-emergent herbicide.
The label and MSDS are in the turf chemical section. Echelon Duo is ideal for use by councils, schools, sports turf managers, and landscape contractors. Being a granule it does not need a spray tank to apply.
Save time and money.
Echelon Duo® gives three treatments in one application, saving you time and money.
- Controls African black beetle larvae, Argentinian scarab larvae and billbug;
- Gives pre-emergent control of winter grass, summergrass and crowsfoot;
- Forms a pre-emergent barrier stopping the troublesome weed creeping oxalis;
- Is registered for use on couch, Queensland Blue couch, Kikuyu, buffalo grass, bahia grass and zoysia and finally
- Feeds your turf for up to 8 weeks.
Tips to get the best results from Echelon Duo.
- Firstly make sure you use a calibrated granular applicator. The aim is to apply the product as uniformly as possible;
- Secondly, DO NOT apply when the grass is wet. Also DO NOT mow the treated area until the product has been watered in and turf has dried.
- Thirdly, after applying Echelon Duo water in with at least 10 mm of water;
- Next, do not reseed ryegrass or bentgrass for 4-5 months (ryegrass 4 months & bentgrass 5 months);
- Avoid contact with flowers and shrub and lastly
- Do not apply when daytime temperatures are consistently above 32°C.
After Graduating from Newcastle University with an Hons Degree in Soil Science in 1988, Jerry then worked for the Sports Turf Research Institute (STRI) as a turf agronomist before emigrating to Australia in 1993.
He followed this by gaining a Grad Dip in Business Management from UTS. He has worked in a number of management roles for companies as diverse as Samsung Australia, Arthur Yates and Paton Fertilizers.
He has always had a strong affinity with the Australian sports turf industry and as a result he established Gilba Solutions as an independent sports turf consultancy in 1993. Jerry has written over 100 articles and two books on a wide range of topics such as Turf Pesticides and Nutrition which have been published in Australia and overseas.